Posts are entries that display in reverse order on your home page. Posts usually have comments fields beneath them and are included in your site’s RSS feed.
To write a post:
- Log in to your WordPress Administration Panel (Dashboard).
- Click the ‘Posts‘ tab.
- Click the ‘Add New‘ sub-tab.
- Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
- As needed, select a category, add tags, and make other selections from the sections below the post. (Each of these sections is explained below.)
- When you are ready, click Publish.
There are more editing fields available to you than you see on first login. The Screen Options area allows you to choose which Post Fields are displayed or hidden from your editing area, which allows you to minimize clutter and customize according to your needs.
You’ll find the Screen Options tab at the very top of your screen, and if you click on it, you’ll see a list of available editing boxes that you can use. Check the box for each Post Field you want displayed, or uncheck the box to hide that module. Click the Screen Options tab again to close the tab.
Note: As of WordPress version 3.1, some screen options on the Post Administration Panel are hidden by default, and you can check these items to set them to display regularly. This includes: Excerpt, Post Author, Discussion, Custom Fields, Slug, Comments, Send Trackbacks, Revisions.
Once you’ve customized how your editing screen works, your options are saved so you don’t have to select or hide them again next time you log in.
- N/A on 23.09.2015, 11:36:01
- N/A on 18.09.2015, 13:43:29
- N/A on 18.09.2015, 13:42:23
Этот пост был изменен Мурашко Марияна 24.05.2015.
Feel free to leave a comment here 😉
i have been looking for a nice looking home intranet (maybe extranet) page that is secure enough for general use instead of loading boring looking google all the time or fishing around multiple computers and external drives for important files etc. I know this theme is much much more than that but it looks like you are thinking well about these sorts of things. Good Luck!
Thanks ! 🙂